Eversource is providing you new information about your energy use through the Home Energy Reports program. It's part of our ongoing efforts to help our customers save energy and money.
- Email: energyreportsMA@eversource.com
- Phone: 888-623-2557 (8am-8:30pm M-Th, 8am-5pm F, 8am-3pm Sat)
Frequently asked questions
About the neighbor comparison
- Who are my neighbors?
- Your neighbors are a group of about 100 people whose homes are the same type as yours, close by and similar in size. These aren’t necessarily people who live next door to you or even down the street.
- How did you choose the homes used in my neighbor comparison?
- To provide valid comparisons, we've chosen specific homes that are nearby and have characteristics that typically lead to similar energy needs, such as home size and heating source. And importantly, we only include homes that appear to be occupied at the time of the comparison. Also, keep in mind that neighbors we include in your comparison group don’t necessarily receive reports.
- How can I make sure I'm receiving a fair comparison?
- The comparison depends a lot on the accuracy of the information that we have about you and your home. Home type, square footage, and heating type are the most important factors affecting energy usage. We encourage you to call or email us to confirm that your profile information is correct.
- How did you determine the size of my home?
- The square footage of your home that we use in the comparison is based on data that is collected from public government sources about your home.
- What if there are good reasons that my household uses more energy than my neighbors?
- Our goal is to provide you with a comparison that is valid and meaningful. Currently, our report comparisons include a group of similar, nearby, occupied homes. Our research shows that for almost all residents this provides a good indication of typical usage. However, there are some factors for which we don’t account, such as the number of occupants in the home, solar panels, and special loads like hot tubs and swimming pools. Please contact us to provide additional information about your home, which can help to enhance your neighbor comparison.
- I have certain life or housing circumstances, such as energy-intensive medical equipment, that prevent me from reducing my energy use. So how can these reports help me?
- It's understandable that some people may have life or housing circumstances that make it difficult to reduce their home's energy use. We aim to provide a wide range of ideas that can address the various needs of our customers and their homes. We encourage you to find out which tips are best for you and search for more ideas. In some cases, you may not be able to realize substantial savings, but we've found that most people can realize at least some savings and we hope we can help you do so. We also realize that the reports might not work for everyone. If you don’t find them helpful, you can opt out at any time.
- How can my efficient neighbors manage to use so much less energy than me?
- Efficient households likely take a variety of steps to reduce their energy use, including using the thermostat to manage heating and cooling costs, turning off lights and electronics when not in use and always running full loads in the dishwasher, washer and dryer. The reports provide actionable steps that you can take to help you make your home more efficient.
About the program
- What is the purpose of the program?
- Most people are eager to make their home more efficient and save money, but they're not always sure how. The Eversource Home Energy Reports program is designed to provide more information about your energy use so you can make informed choices and save money. To give us feedback about the program, please contact us at EnergyReportsMA@eversource.com or 888-623-2557 with your comments or suggestions for improvement.
- Why was I selected to be a part of the program?
- We want to help you save energy and lower your bill. You are among a group of Eversource customers included in the Home Energy Reports program, which is designed to help meet these goals.
- What is in the Home Energy Report?
- Where can I learn more?
- Visit the "Save Money and Energy" section on Eversource.com to find more tips for saving energy. There, you can also create an Energy Savings Plan, explore rebates that Eversource offers through MassSave, and receive customized recommendations for energy efficient improvements you can make to your home.The U.S. Department of Energy and the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy are also good, independent resources for additional information on energy savings.
- Is my report available via email?
- Yes. To go paperless or receive email in addition to your paper report, please contact us.
- Can I opt out of this program?
- Yes. The reports are provided to help you understand your home energy use, save energy and reduce your energy costs but we understand that they may not work for everyone. If you would like to opt out, just call or email us.